Sunday, January 15, 2023
Start: In front of the Hamilton Princess, 76 Pitts Bay Road, Hamilton
Finish: Barr’s Bay Park, Pitts Bay Road, Hamilton
**Registration is now open!**
The Chubb Bermuda Triangle Challenge is offering a NEW Challenge for 2023: a half marathon relay! Teams of TWO (2) to FOUR (4) people will run the same course as the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon. Team members will exchange a baton, which contains the timing chip, at designated “handover zones” between course legs.
Can you survive the Bermuda Triangle Challenge…with the help of friends?
Don’t forget: if you’re looking for an extra challenge, you can run 3 races in 3 days as part of the Chubb Half Bermuda Triangle Challenge, which includes the Butterfield Mile, the BF&M 10k, and the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon. 3 races, 4 medals, and a high-quality Finisher’s Jacket to wear with pride! (please note: runners who compete in the relay are not eligible to compete in the half marathon)
Participants in the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon Relay will receive a 2023 Chubb Bermuda Triangle Challenge technical t-shirt (men’s and women’s sizes available), a custom 2023 PwC Bermuda Half Marathon Finisher’s Medal that designates “Relay” on the ribbon, a custom finisher’s certificate, a swag bag, and a virtual race bag. In addition, everyone is invited to celebrate their accomplishments at the post-race Finisher’s Festival in Barr’s Bay Park, featuring music, free food and snacks (including Oscar Mayer hot dogs, Nature Valley granola bars, and Haagen Dazs ice cream) courtesy of Butterfield and Vallis, locally brewed beer courtesy of Bermuda Craft Brewing, and rum cocktails courtesy of Gosling’s.
Participants that register online after November 1, 2022, or wait to register during the Race Expo, will not be guaranteed the correct sized technical t-shirt. Register early to avoid disappointment! Please note that Challenge participants and people that register for more than one race (e.g., the 10k and the half relay) will only receive one shirt.
The PwC Bermuda Half Marathon Relay course will follow the same course as the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon and start at the same time.
Half marathon relay course legs are as follows:
- Leg 1: From Hamilton Princess entrance to South Road, Devonshire entrance to Melville Estate (Vegetable Stand) (Approx. 3.00 miles)
- Leg 2: From South Road, Devonshire entrance to Melville Estate (Vegetable Stand) to John Smith’s Bay (Approx. 2.75 miles) Note: while shorter in distance, it does have the steepest gradient with McGall’s Hill
- Leg 3: From South Road, near John Smith’s Bay to North Shore Road, Devonshire (near Barker’s Hill) (Approx. 3.25 miles)
- Leg 4: North Shore Road, Devonshire (near Barker’s Hill) to Finish, Barr’s Bay Park, Hamilton (Approx. 4.1 miles)
There will be a Relay Baton Handover sign at the start of each leg.
Barr’s Bay Park start/finish zone area will be open to runners at 7:30am on Sunday, January 15th for bag drop, toilet facilities, and a pre-race warmup.
How the Relay Works
Never run a half marathon relay before? Already keen to participate, but the race logistics are making you nervous? We’ve got you covered! Here are the basics of what you need to know:
- This event will be chip timed.
- Each team will be issued one race chip which will be attached to a baton that must be passed at each leg and carried from start to finish.
- Participants will be responsible for any cost incurred to replace lost batons/chip.
- Relay batons will be handed out at the start line before 9am. (there will be a clearly designated baton pick-up location)
- The relay race starts promptly at 9:00am.
- Race numbers must be worn on the FRONT of shirt during the entire race.
How the Relay Registration Works
We get it, registration is already not the most fun part of the race experience, and now there are multiple people involved. Have no fear – we’ve made the process as painless as possible!
- On the registration page you will be prompted to either join an existing team or create a new team
- Team members can register individually, or one person can register multiple team members at the same time
- If you are joining an existing team, make sure you know your team’s name so you can select it from the list provided
- Teams can have 2, 3, or 4 members
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
On-course medical support during the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon and at the finish line is provided by St. John Ambulance.
Time & Age Limits
Please note you must be at least 12 years of age on Sunday, January 15, 2023 to participate in this event. There is a 4:00 time limit on the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon Relay.
In order to comply with our agreement with the Government of Bermuda, streets along the route will be reopened to vehicular traffic on a set schedule. Runners are advised to stay on the LEFT side of the road.
The awards ceremony for the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay will take place on Sunday, January 15th in Barr’s Bay Park beginning at 11:30am. Awards will be presented for first, second, and third place in the PwC Bermuda Half Marathon Relay in the following categories:
- All male team
- All female team
- Mixed team